Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Is this blog dead?

Nope. Or at least, I hope not. Currently, and probably for the extended future, I am being crushed at work by a large project that does two things to me. First, it takes up more of my time than it used to. Second, it saps my mental energy to the point where I just don't want to think about analysis in any serious way. Whether or not you think serious analysis has been a requisite for posting here in the past, I certainly do not have the heart for it right now.

Nonetheless, there are still things I want to talk about, and I hope that in the future I will again be able to care enough to write about them here.

Some quick thoughts:
  • So much for everyone who thought the Tigers were world beaters.
  • So much for everyone who thought the Rays weren't.
  • I would not worry too much about the New York Yankees going forward. Every team experiences years like this. New York is in an excellent position to recover.
  • Joba Chamberlain must remain a starting pitcher.
I'll catch you all later.

2 comments:

Robert Lynch said...

I love it when people say, "Who would have thought that the Tigers wouldn't make the playoffs," and then, "and where did those Rays come from?" (Because you can never predict baseball.)

My reply is always, "John."

(And I believed him.)

Unknown said...

Of course, I also thought that the Indians and Yankees would win 95 games and that the White Sox would struggle to win 80. So, you know, grain of salt and all that.